Due to how convenient it is to use an electric pressure canner, people are shifting to that category of canners. We feel it is important that you know the best ones in the market. This will make it easier for you to make a choice. That’s why we went into the market to get many electric pressure canners. We tested them all and came out with the best electric pressure canners.
First of all, we considered their capacity. It is important that your pressure canner can handle a tangible amount of food at the same time. We dropped the ones whose capacity is below par, based on our standards.
Another factor that we considered is the ease of use. This is because we don’t want you to end up with a device that you don’t understand. So, you can rest assured that the ten canners below are quite easy to use.
When it comes to electrical appliances, power efficiency is important. You don’t need a power hog that will cause a spike in your monthly electricity bill. The pressure canners consume less power to give more output. Other features that we checked are a high Amazon rating and durability.
After reviewing the pressure canners, we gave you the steps involved in using an electric pressure canner. Before we gave our final verdict, we also gave some tips on how to buy an electric pressure canner. So, let’s get down to business, right away.
Our Picks of 10 Best Electric Pressure Canners:
1. Presto 01781 23-Quart Electric Pressure Canner
This electric pressure canner is made of aluminum and it comes in silver color. The device weighs only 12 pounds and it has a manual pump. You can easily clean it because of its simplicity.
You can use it as a boiling-water canner as well. Buyer of this electric pressure canner will enjoy a 12-year warranty and its 76-page recipe book.
- You can also use it as a boiling-water canner.
- The unit can be cleaned easily.
- It is quite durable.
- It has a manual pump.
- The appliance is easy to use.
- It comes with an extendable limited 12-year warranty.
- It weighs only 12 pounds.
2. Barton 22-Quart Electric Pressure Canner
This one is made of polished aluminum. Its color is also polished aluminum. Also, having a weight of 10.47 pounds isn’t a bad idea. Its pump type is manual.
Like the others, it also has a high Amazon rating. You can use it for boiling-water canning for fruits, salsa, pickles, and jellies.
Its locking lid secures the lid firmly, preventing it from opening while in use. We found its internal capacity to be 22 quarts. It is suitable for gas stoves, induction cookers, and electric stoves.
- This pressure canner is made of polished aluminum.
- Its internal capacity is 22 quarts.
- The unit weighs 10.47 pounds.
- Its pump type is manual.
- You can use it for boiling-water canning.
- It is said to be durable.
- You should be able to use it easily.
3. All American Canner Pressure Canner
What sets this canner apart from others is that it is made in America. It is big enough to take up to 7 pint jars and 4 quart jars. It has a satin finish.
Its metal-to-metal sealing system makes it airtight. The major benefit of this feature is that it does not use a gasket.
Also, we like its system gauge that is quite easy to read. It weighs 13.33 pounds. It comes with an easy to read recipe booklet too.
- This canner is made in the United States.
- It does not require any gasket. So, users won’t encounter any burnt gasket problems.
- You can pack up to 7 pint jars or 4 quart jars inside it.
- It comes with a recipe book.
- The unit weighs 13.33 pounds.
- Its metal-to-metal sealing system makes it airtight.
- You can be sure of its durability.
4. Ball fresh TECH Electric Water Bath Canner
With a weight of 1 pound, this canner appears to be the lightest electric pressure canner around. It is made of steel and it is available in silver color. The internal capacity of the unit is 7 liters. Its pump type is automatic.
It also doubles as a multi-cooker unit. With its large capacity, you can fill it with either 7 quart jars or 8 pint jars. You can control its temperature with a simple dial. We also observed that it consumes less power than stovetops.
Its removable rack prevents the jars from touching the bottom of the pot. Based on its design, you can easily drain it.
- This piece of canner weighs only 1 pound.
- Its pump type is automatic.
- You can drain it easily.
- It is big enough to take 7 quart and 8 pint jars.
- Its temperature can be controlled with a dial.
- The capacity of the unit is 7 liters.
- It is quite durable.
5. NESCO NPC-9 Smart Pressure Canner
The capacity of this unit is 9.5 quarts. Also, it has an automatic pump type. Apart from canning, it can be used for slow cooking, steam cooking, and pressure cooking.
It comes with a non-stick aluminum inner pot, a condensation catcher, a safety lock lid, and a steam rack. It also has a digital display unit with a timer. To wrap it up, this unit has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- This pressure canner is made of stainless steel.
- It is compact and won’t take much kitchen space.
- The capacity of the unit is 9.5 quarts.
- You can also use it for slow cooking, steam cooking, and pressure cooking.
- It weighs 20.4 pounds.
- The appliance comes with an automatic pump.
- It has a digital display unit with a timer.
6. Carey DPC-9SS, Smart Pressure Canner & Cooker
The material of this pressure canner is stainless steel like the others. It has a black and silver color combination. Its capacity is 8.99 liters. The unit weighs 17.6 pounds and its pump type is automatic.
This is another versatile canner that can be used for slow cooking, steam cooking, and pressure cooking.
Being approved by ETL indicates its high safety level. The device is durable and easy to use.
- This canner is versatile. You can use it for cooking too.
- It weighs 17.6 pounds.
- The capacity of the unit is 8.99 pounds.
- It is made of stainless steel.
- The product has been approved by ETL.
- We are sure of its durability.
- Its digital display unit has a timer.
7. Zavor ZPot 10 Quart 15-PSI Pressure Cooker and Canner
What we like most about this canner is its lightness. The unit weighs only 7pounds and that makes it one of the lightest electric pressure canners around.
It is made of stainless steel, so you don’t have to worry about corrosion and rust because it is resistant to both of them. Also, it has a capacity of 10 quarts and it comes with an automatic pump. This device works with all kinds of stoves.
Here is the bomb! This pressure canner offers a staggering 10-year warranty. Apart from its manual, it comes with a recipe booklet.
- This unit comes with a recipe book that has more than 50 recipes.
- It is easy to clean.
- 10 quarts is its capacity.
- It is durable.
- Anyone should be able to handle the appliance easily.
- The weight of the canner is 7 pounds.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
8. Granite Ware Pressure Canner/Cooker/Steamer
This canner is made of aluminum. It is black in color. With an encouraging weight of 10.5 pounds, it has a capacity of 18.93 liters. The pump type of the unit is manual.
You’ll love its adjustable 3-piece pressure regulator system. Its simplicity makes it easy to use and even easier to clean.
- The canner is made of aluminum.
- You can adjust its pressure with its 3-piece pressure regulator.
- The device heats up relatively faster.
- It is black in color.
- The unit weighs 10.5 pounds.
- It has a capacity of 18.93 liters.
- The canning tool is easy to use.
9. National Presto 02143 Electric Pressure Canner
Its pump type is automatic and its capacity is 10 quarts. The unit weighs 23.8 pounds.
Apart from canning, you can also use it for pressure cooking. It is easy to understand and some of its users confirmed its durability.
- This unit is visually attractive. It is elegant and will make your kitchen classy.
- It is made of plastic, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- You can also use it for pressure cooking.
- It is easy to use.
- The weight of the canner is 23.8 pounds.
- It has a capacity of 10 quarts.
- It is quite durable.
10. GoWISE USA GW22709 Electric Pressure Canner
This is the last one among the ten pressure canners reviewed here, but it is not the least by any means. It is made of stainless steel, and its pump type is manual.
The capacity is 9.5 quarts. The weight is 24.2 pounds. Apart from canning, you can use this appliance for pressure cooking, steam cooking, slow cooking, and warmer.
The best part is that you can activate any of them by only pressing a single button. Although the entire canner is not dishwasher safe, its non-stick inner pot is safe to wash in a dishwasher.
Also, it comes with 7 different accessories and a recipe book. These accessories are a ladle, a rice spoon, a measuring cup, a roasting rack, an egg rack, a mesh basket, and a steaming rack.
- You can use this pressure canner for cooking too.
- It comes with 7 accessories.
- Its recipe book contains up to 50 recipes.
- The unit is made of stainless steel.
- Its inner pot is dishwasher safe.
- The capacity of this pressure canner is 9.5 quarts.
- It weighs 24.2 pounds.
How to Use an Electric Pressure Canner?
The steps to use electric pressure canners differ from one product to another, but they all have some basic steps in common. We’ll discuss the steps now.
Step 1: It is very important that you read the user manual completely before you start using it. You don’t want to make a mistake that will shorten the lifespan of your canner.
Step 2: Where the usage instructions in the manual is different from what you have here, follow the former.
Step 3: Fill what you want to can in the stipulated jars one by one.
Step 4: Use a spatula to compress the content of the jar to allow excess air to escape.
Step 5: Gently seal the jar. Don’t do this in a hurry. The content of an improperly sealed jar cannot last longer than a few days. So, take your time to seal each jar properly.
Step 7: Cover the canner firmly.
Step 8: Turn it on, set the temperature and timer.
Step 9: When it’s done, remove the jars, allow them to cool before storing them.
Buying Guide – How To Choose a Good Electric Pressure Canner?
1. Pick One from Our List
With this review in your hand, you should not be looking elsewhere for a good pressure canner. We tested many canners and came up with these ten as the best.
So, it will be smart to pick any of them. After all, we have told you all the features we found in each of them. We recommend all of them. You’ll be good with any of them.
2. Consider Buying from Amazon
If you have to buy a pressure canner, it is advisable to buy it from Amazon even though it is sold in numerous online and offline stores. Amazon offers highly competitive prices. We know this because we have been making price comparisons for years.
Also, whatever you buy from Amazon comes with a 30-day return window. In case you don’t like the performance of the canner, you have 30 days to return it and get a full refund or a replacement.
3. Test it Quickly
Even if you’re not ready to start using your new pressure canner, we’ll advise you to test it within its return window. If you wait until the return window closes before you start using it, you may not be able to return it if you find something you don’t like about it.
4. Confirm That its Accessories are Complete
Sometimes some accessories are left behind while packaging an order. This is not deliberate. Nobody is above mistakes. So, it is important that you confirm that the accessories of your pressure canner are complete.
To conclude this report about the latest electric pressure canners, we will recommend all ten of them. You can pick any of them. You must have observed that all of them have a high Amazon rating. That is an indication that they are great products.
Remember, the ratings were given by their users. Also, they are easy to use and they get the job done. We are sure of their durability as well. You won’t regret it if you purchase any of them.