There are, of course, plenty of different ways to prepare and cook food, and one of them is to fry it in fat and oil. It’s actually one of the more famous ways of cooking food, and lots of people enjoy munching on fried chicken French fries, and onion rings among others.
They’re just plain delicious. But all that fat that gets into even the smallest crevices on the food surface can be unhealthy. That fact leads us to why you may want to use an air fryer instead. Get the best large air fryer you can get, and you, your family, and your friends are all set.
An air fryer is still technically fries your food, if you define frying as a process of cooking food with fat. However, an air fryer mostly cooks your food by using super-heated air.
This device is a convection oven, in other words, with a fan that circulates the hot air so that it cooks even nook and cranny of your food. With this, you can use only about 2 tablespoons of oil to fry your food.
Nowadays, there are plenty of brands that offer air fryers with different price, tags and sets of features. They come in different sizes as well, though for large families it’s probably best to get a large one.
Top 5 Large Air Fryers 2020 – Comparisons and Reviews
|Rankings||1st Choice||2nd Choice||Best Overall||4th Choice||5th Choice|
|Top-Rated Air Fryers 2020|
|Name||Air Fryer by Cozyna||Avalon Bay AirFryer XL with Rapid Air Circulation Technology||Big Boss Oil-less Air Fryer||Avalon Bay AirFryer with Rapid Air Circulation Technology||GoWISE USA Electric Programmable Turbo Air Fryer|
|Brand||Cozyna||Avalon Bay||Big Boss||Avalon Bay||GoWISE USA|
|Customer Reviews||Excellent||Excellent||Excellent||Excellent||Very Good|
|Dimensions||15.5 x 13.5 x 13 inches||17 x 14 x 14 inches||16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches||13.5 x 11 x 12.8 inches||16 x 14 x 12 inches|
|Weight||13.1 pounds||14.7 pounds||14.7 pounds||14 pounds||13 pounds|
Our Picks of the 5 Best Large Capacity Air Fryers:
Big Boss 1300-watt Oil-less Air Fryer, 16-Quart
This air fryer cooks food very quickly with its three sources of heat: infrared, convection, and halogen. Even frozen foods are powerless to resist, and you can cook them even without thawing. With this, you can cook meat and poultry as well as veggies and desserts.
- It’s large so you can cook plenty of food.
- With two trays, you can cook two different foods at once.
- Steaks taste great.
- You can cook a whole chicken with this.
- It’s very light at less than 15 pounds.
- It’s also easy to carry with the handles at the sides.
- It reaches its proper temperature in a few minutes.
- Cleanup is easy.
Air Fryer by Cozyna
This has a 3.2-liter capacity and it uses 1500 watts of power for cooking. With this, you can use just use a spoonful of oil to cook your food, which is a rather healthier alternative to traditional frying. This also doesn’t just “fry” foods either. It also bakes, grills, and roasts various food items with temperatures reaching 392 degrees.
- You have a variety of ways to prepare your food.
- It does have a large size capacity.
- It has a 30-minute timer.
- It’s dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- It makes perfect crispy fries.
- You can use this to cook delicious chicken.
- It’s even possible to use this for cake.
- The customer support is fantastic.
Avalon Bay Air Fryer with Rapid Air Circulation Technology
This 1400-watt fryer has a 3.2-quart capacity with cooking temperature that can reach 400 degrees. The RACT makes sure that the hot air does reach every spot of the food. With this, you can fry, roast, grill, and bake food with no problem.
- It comes with a baking dish and a metal roasting rack.
- There’s also a detachable mesh metal basket so you can transfer the food more easily.
- The 30-minute timer automatically sets to standby mode when time is up.
- The nonslip feet keep the fryer in place.
- When you use this to fry, the food is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- With its huge size, it can cook an ample amount of food at once.
- It comes with nonstick coating so it’s easy to clean.
Avalon Bay AirFryer XL with Rapid Air Circulation Technology
This is the jumbo version of the air fryer from Avalon Bay, and its features are quite impressive. This is huge at 5.8 quarts, but that’s just part of the explanation of why the price of this is the only one at more than $100.
- It’s large enough to cook a whole chicken.
- The temp ranges from 200 to 400 degrees.
- It has a touch screen digital display.
- It offers 7 preset cooking modes.
- The timer can get up to 60 minutes, and it automatically goes into standby mode afterwards.
- It includes a detachable mesh basket, a metal roasting rack, and a baking dish.
GoWISE USA Electric Programmable Turbo Air Fryer
This looks like a large globe, and that’s because it can hold 10.5 quarts. That’s about 11 pounds of food, and you can cook a whole chicken with this. It comes with lots of setting options as well.
- This comes with 8 different modes for cooking, so it covers just about everything.
- The temperature range is from 120 to 450 degrees F.
- The cooking timer can go up to 1 hour.
- Cooking can extend to 10 hours with the delay timer.
- Once timer is up, it goes into standby mode.
- It doesn’t need oil at all.
- Cleaning is very easy.
10 Benefits of Using A Large Air Fryer:
So why use an extra large air fryer? Here are some very compelling reasons:
- You save money. That’s because you don’t have to spend money on oil too frequently. Besides, these things are often very versatile and you can use the device for other cooking methods. So that means you won’t need other cooking appliances that can cost you more money.
- It’s much healthier. It has long been known that the fat you use to cook foot can really pack the calories into your food. This leads to obesity and all types of serious medical conditions. Frying your food in the traditional way is also not really good for your cardiovascular system as it does bad things to your cholesterol levels.
- Cooking food this way is also safer. How often have you been scalded by “exploding” hot oil? The air fryer won’t pose that kind of hazard. What’s more, these things also tend to offer various safety features such as automatic shutoff and nonslip feet so they don’t skid around your countertop.
- You don’t have to deal with the used oil. That’s always a rather inconvenient problem to deal with. There’s also the problem of oil vapors depositing all over your walls, counter-top, and floor. You don’t have to clean that crap up either.
- Cleaning is basically a very simple process. Usually you can just take out the removable food container which you can then stick into a dishwasher to clean thoroughly. Even without a dishwasher, cleaning an air fryer simply means soaking the food bowl in soapy water while you use a cleaning sponge to gently rub off the food bits. There aren’t any stubborn sticky food bits here.
- A large model can cook a huge amount of food. A small air fryer isn’t really adequate when you have a large number of people to feed. However, a big air fryer can fit on more food you can cook at the same time. These devices can also feature multilevel trays so you can cook different food items at the same time.
- It’s really very easy to use one. You don’t really need to be a mechanical expert or a culinary genius. For the most part, it’s all about following a recipe by pushing buttons and turning dials. A newbie to cooking can use this with no problem, and even a 9-year-old will have no difficulties with it.
- It doesn’t take all that long. Even just a half hour in the air fryer will do. The air fryer can be very efficient in heating the air and then using it to cook the food quickly.
- The food comes out tasty and crispy. The inside of the food gets soft, while the outside hardens and becomes crispy. The results are pretty much what you would expect from regular frying.
- Even the best ones don’t cost a lot. You can get an excellent air fryer for less than $140, and many go for less than $100.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Air Fryer For Large Family?
So what should you factor in when you choose a large air fryer? Here are some considerations that you should focus on:
Exactly how “large” do you need your air fryer to be? The larger it is, the more amount of food you can cook at one time. However, you will need a larger space on your counter-top and the larger size can also make less portable. In addition, there’s a price penalty too.
Is air frying all that the unit does? If you’re getting an air fryer for a new kitchen, then you may need something that can also roast, grill, and bake.
3. Ease of use
Some air fryers are controlled digitally, while others are still analog with dials to turn. Either way, you need to make sure that you can figure out how to use this air fryer properly.
It’s best if using the air fryer is only about pressing a button so you can get the right temperature and timer duration. You may also want to look at convenient features such as a detachable mesh basket so that it’s easier to take the food out of the fryer.
4. Easy maintenance
How easy it is to clean? It should have some sort of nonstick coating, and there should be a drip tray too. As much as possible, parts of the air fryer should be detachable so you can just stick them in the dishwasher or in soapy water.
You’ll want to get a very high temperature so that you can cook food more quickly, and some recipes may also call for these temperatures.
If you can find a timer with a longer duration, then it’s better. Sometimes the recipe may require a lower heat setting for a longer period of cooking time, so a 30-minute time may not be enough. Once the timer goes, it should notify you with a beep and it should automatically go into standby mode.
Of course, you have to make do with what you can afford. However, for the most part you can buy a good air fryer at a reasonable cost.
Any of the air fryers on this list should do, and they all score well on the most important factors such as price, capacity, and ease of use and maintenance. There’s just no bad buy on this list.
It’s easy to use because you can just press any of the 7 preset buttons that corresponds to your preferred way of cooking. The timer even goes up to 60 minutes. This is the best large capacity air fryer you can get when you want something big and affordable.