If you want to add a touch of elegance to your dinner party, then you can’t go wrong with bacon-wrapped filet mignon. Not only does this steak have a melt-in-your-mouth texture, but it’s also wrapped in smoky bacon, adding an extra level of flavor. But what if I told you that you can achieve the perfect bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer? Yes, you read that right! In this article, I’ll walk you through the steps on how to cook bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer, so you can impress your guests with a succulent steak.
- Cooking bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer is a great way to achieve a juicy and flavorful steak.
- Proper preparation and cooking time are important to achieve the desired level of doneness.
- Pairing suggestions and presentation can enhance the overall dining experience.
Ingredients and Preparation
Before starting, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients for cooking bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer:
- 2 6-ounce filet mignon steaks
- 4 slices of bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to prepare the steak and bacon:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Season both sides of the filet mignon with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Take two slices of bacon and wrap them tightly around each filet.
- Secure the bacon with toothpicks on both sides of the steak.
- Lightly spray each steak with olive oil on both sides.
Now that your steak and bacon are prepared, it’s time to start cooking! Head to the next section for a step-by-step guide on how to cook bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer.
Cooking Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon in Air Fryer
Once the bacon-wrapped filet mignon is prepared, it’s time to cook it to perfection in the air fryer. The great thing about cooking steak in an air fryer is that it retains all the juicy flavors and cooks evenly. Follow these steps to cook the ultimate bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. This will ensure that the steak cooks evenly and thoroughly.
- Place the bacon-wrapped filet mignon into the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the steak in batches.
- Cook the steak for 12-15 minutes, flipping it halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning on both sides. For a medium-rare steak, cook it for 12 minutes. For medium, cook it for 13-14 minutes. For medium-well, cook it for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, remove the bacon-wrapped filet mignon from the air fryer and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Remember to always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. For a medium-rare steak, the internal temperature should be 135°F. For medium, it should be 145°F, and for medium-well, it should be 150°F.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy a delicious bacon-wrapped filet mignon cooked to perfection in an air fryer. The crispy bacon and juicy steak will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Serving and Pairing Suggestions
Now that your bacon-wrapped filet mignon has been cooked to perfection in the air fryer, it’s time to think about the best way to serve and pair it with other flavors.
For a classic and elegant presentation, place your bacon-wrapped filet mignon on a clean plate or platter with a sprinkle of chopped herbs, like parsley or chives. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure your steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
If you’re feeling creative, try slicing your steak into smaller pieces and serving it on skewers or toothpicks to make bite-sized appetizers. Or, serve it alongside roasted vegetables or a baked potato for a hearty meal.
When it comes to pairing flavors with bacon-wrapped filet mignon, it’s important to keep it simple and let the steak shine. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Red Wine: A full-bodied red wine, like Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot, pairs well with the rich flavor of beef.
- Mushroom Sauce: A creamy mushroom sauce adds a touch of earthiness to the dish.
- Garlic Butter: A simple garlic butter sauce is a classic choice for enhancing the natural flavors of steak.
- Grilled Asparagus: The smoky flavor of grilled asparagus is a delicious complement to the savory bacon-wrapped filet mignon.
Experiment with different flavors and side dishes to find your perfect pairing. Enjoy!
And there you have it, a perfectly cooked bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer! I hope this guide has been helpful in making your culinary journey a success. Remember to follow the steps carefully, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and sauces to make the dish your own.
In my opinion, the air fryer is a versatile appliance that can be used for a variety of recipes. It’s a fantastic way to prepare a juicy steak without all of the mess and hassle of traditional cooking methods.
If you’re looking for a meal that’s sure to impress, consider serving bacon-wrapped filet mignon with a side of roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. The flavor combination is sure to delight your taste buds.
Q: What are the ingredients needed for cooking bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer?
A: To cook bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer, you will need filet mignon steaks, bacon slices, salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings or herbs of your choice.
Q: How long do I cook bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer?
A: The cooking time for bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer may vary depending on the thickness of the steak and the desired level of doneness. As a general guideline, preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and cook the steak for 10-15 minutes for medium-rare. Adjust the cooking time accordingly for your preferred level of doneness.
Q: What tips do you have for achieving a juicy bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer?
A: To ensure a juicy bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer, choose high-quality filet mignon steaks and wrap them tightly with bacon slices. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper, and consider marinating the steaks for added flavor. Additionally, avoid overcooking the steak and monitor the cooking process closely to achieve the desired level of doneness.
Q: What are some serving and pairing suggestions for bacon-wrapped filet mignon?
A: Bacon-wrapped filet mignon pairs well with a variety of side dishes and sauces. Some popular options include roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. You can also serve it with a creamy mushroom sauce, red wine reduction, or a tangy chimichurri sauce for added flavor.
Q: How do I properly prepare the steak and bacon before cooking bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer?
A: Before cooking bacon-wrapped filet mignon in an air fryer, make sure to pat the steaks dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, and wrap each steak tightly with a slice of bacon, securing it with toothpicks if necessary. This will help keep the bacon in place during cooking and ensure a delicious, crispy exterior.