Cookie dough is one of the best examples of something that’s so bad but also so good. You’re not really supposed to eat raw cookie dough. However, it tastes too good for folks not to give in, especially if it has chocolate chips in it.
Sure, you can enjoy them in cookie form but the softness of raw dough is something a lot of people love. And you’ll really miss out on that if you turn it into cookies.
Curious as to how you can enjoy your favorite cookie dough without worrying about your tummy? Here’s an easy deep fried cookie dough recipe that you can try:
For the dough, you can get your favorite ready mix or use these ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup chocolate chips
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup milk
4 tbsp butter, melted
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ⅛ cup milk
¼ cup flour
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup sugar
Here Are The Steps:
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Make your dough. Using an electric mixer, start by mixing your butter and sugar to a smooth consistency. Add in the vanilla and milk and blend nicely. Follow with the flour and chocolate chips and mix until they’re smooth.
- Scoop cookie dough balls and line them up in the baking pan with parchment paper. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the batter. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in another bowl. Mix the milk, vanilla, and cooking oil in a separate bowl. Pour the liquid mix into the dry ingredients and stir the mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Heat the oil up to 375F.
- Take out the cookie dough balls from the freezer and dip each one in the batter mixture before placing them in the oil. Cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with some sugar powder or drizzled with chocolate.
Not a big fan of deep frying?
Unfortunately, this dish won’t turn into a puff pastry when air fried. You can still, however, use the dough recipe to make air fried cookies. Just don’t add the batter as that might keep you from getting the result you want.
Health Benefits of Cookie Dough:
To be very honest, this cookie isn’t the healthiest food out there. It contains a lot of sugar, calories, and fats that it’s not really something you’d want in your diet if you’re trying to eat better.
You can, however, make your cookie dough a bit healthier. How? Here are a few ways:
- Swap out your all-purpose flour to whole wheat, oat, or almond flour. These ingredients might not necessarily have fewer calories but they can be more filling than regular white flour. They also contain more vitamins and nutrients, making them better alternatives.
- Swap out your regular chocolate chips for dark chocolate ones. Dark chocolate contains more nutrients than regular chocolate, so they’re deemed as better options for health buffs.
- Cut down your sugar. Less sugar means fewer calories. Doing this can also help you control your blood sugar levels.
- Use healthier oils to cook. To further make your cookie dough recipe healthier, use healthier types of oil when deep frying. Canola, olive, avocado, and flaxseed oils are just some of your better options.