Every healthy diet includes eggs in its list as it contains a lot of nutritional value. However, not all kinds of eggs are made the same.
Some are more enjoyable than others which explains why people have their own preferences when it comes to this matter. In fact, how a person likes their eggs can say a lot about them.
Those who like theirs hard-boiled are most likely trying to eat better, though. According to experts, hard-boiled eggs are practically the healthiest cooking method for these food items.
Why? Because it just makes eggs edible without adding anything to it. You don’t have to consume anything unnecessary or extra if you opt for eggs cooked in this manner.
Here’s an easy deep-fried egg recipe that won’t take you more than 45 minutes:
12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 cup of flour (125 g)
1 cup of panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
oil for frying
4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of pickle relish
2 tablespoons of mustard
1 teaspoon of hot sauce
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
paprika, or seasoning of choice on top
- Heat the cooking oil for deep-frying in a medium-size pan over medium heat.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Gently separate the cooked egg white from the yolk and remove to a medium bowl.
- Coat the cooked egg white in flour, eggs, and panko bread crumbs.
- Carefully place the eggs into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
- Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the yolks and mash until smooth.
- Fill a piping bag or plastic sandwich bag with yolk mixture. Pipe the mixture back into the fried egg white and dust with paprika.
Health Benefits of Deep Fried Deviled Eggs:
As mentioned above, eggs are staples in a healthy diet. Why? It contains the following nutrients so it’s deemed as a great addition to a well-balanced diet:
1. High-quality protein
A medium-sized egg contains 44 g of protein. This is a lot for its size and calorie content which is just at 155 for every 100 grams. It’s also one of the most affordable protein sources, making it even more ideal to add in a healthy meal plan.
2. Good fats
A large egg has about 5 grams of fat, most of which is classified as unsaturated fat. This is why it helps provide a balanced meal since it contains various nutrients and minerals as well.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids
You don’t always have to spend on expensive seafood just to get this essential nutrient since eggs also have them in abundance.
4. A wide range of vitamins and minerals
Here are the other nutrients you can get from eggs:
- Vitamins B-2, B-12, B-5, D, and E
- Folic Acid
Deviled eggs might add a few more fats and calories into the nutritional content of hard-boiled eggs, but then again the taste does bring its own pleasures.
You need some variety in your diet every now and then. You can’t be a saint all the time, and during the rest days from your diet these deviled eggs should do the trick.