Science may have already proven that fat can be good for you but as anything in excess is bad, this still doesn’t mean that a diet composed primarily of deep-fried dishes will help you get in top shape.
In fact, there are lots of studies that tie eating fried food to higher risks of heart diseases, diabetes, and obesity among many others. But with fried food being synonymous to comfort food, it’s hard to just kick them to the curb. For this, you might just want to consider getting the best oil less air fryers in the market today.
Top 5 Oil Less Air Fryers 2021 – Comparisons and Reviews
Our Picks Of The Top 5 Oil Less Air Fryer Reviews:
T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy AirFryer
Loved for its large capacity, the T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry is one of the best oil less air fryers in the market today. It’s two-button controls makes its operation a breeze. You won’t have to fiddle with the settings at all as all you need to do is turn it on and set the timer needed for your dish to start cooking. It’s a dependable kitchen assistant that will let you whip up a quick fried dish without having to keep an eye on it.
- 2 lbs capacity
- Two-button setup for fuss-free operation
- Stay Cool exterior
- Secured lid to avoid splatters
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Removable nonstick ceramic pan
- Odor filter
- Color recipe book included
Big Boss 1300-watt Oil-less Air Fryer, 16-Quart, Silver
Aside from the convenience it has to offer, the Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer is also very charming for its nostalgic look. It actually looks like a turbo broiler from the 90s, giving it a distinctive character of its own. Of course, it also doesn’t hurt that it has a large cooking capacity and a two-tray design that will let you whip up two dishes in one sitting.
- 16-quart capacity
- Two-tray design for simultaneous cooking
- Classic look
- Uses halogen, convection, and infrared heat to cook
- Equipped with two dials for temperature control and timer
- Dishwasher safe parts
- 250F to 480F temperature range
- Quick timer guide printed on the control panel
Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer
Love cooking large chunks of meats but worried about the cholesterol and calories they come with? The Char-Broil The Big Easy airfryer offers an alternative to deep frying whole meats, providing a healthier way to consume large cut meats and freeing you from the hassle of working with a large amount of oil.
- Patented infrared cooking technology
- Large cooking capacity (can fit a turkey up to 16 lbs)
- Manual dial controls
- Propane gas powered
- Removable drip pan
- Cooking basket comes with a basket lifting tool
- Other accessories included in the package are meat thermometer and quick start cooking guide
- Cool touch handles
BLACK+DECKER HF110SBD 2-Liter Oil Free Air Fryer
Compact, modern-looking, and guarantees evenly cooked dishes, the Black+Decker HF110SBD is a solid option for an airfryer as it can let you enjoy fried food without the guilt and even without heating up the entire kitchen. It’s also perfectly easy to clean, so you can say goodbye to all the mess and hassle deep frying has ever brought to your life.
- 2L capacity
- Dual fan convection system offers a faster and more efficient cooking
- Nonstick cooking basket
- Variable temperature control dial
- 170 to 400F temperature range
- Basket separator allows cooking different dishes in one session
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Cool touch handles
Rosewill RHAF-16003 1700W Oil-Less Low Fat Air Fryer
If you want an airfryer that will also look good in your contemporary kitchen, the Rosewill RHAD-16003 can be a good pick for you. Aside from its large cooking capacity, it also looks very sleek and modern, so it will surely blend right into and even complement any fully equipped kitchen.
- Sleek design
- 8 quart capacity (also available in smaller sizes)
- Removable silicone resin coated non stick food basket with handle
- Easy manual dials for temperature and timer control
- Dishwasher safe parts
- 180F to 400F temperature range
- Can also grill, roast, and bake
- Overheat protection
- Beeping alarm when timer is up
What is an Oil Less Air Fryer?
The first thing that you might be wondering about is what exactly an oil less air fryer is. Also known as oil-less fryers, air fryers are basically kitchen appliances that make use of hot air to cook your food. It can replicate the texture usually found in fried food without actually using lots of oil. This allows the appliance to be marketed as an alternative to deep fryers.
Before you jump the gun and drive off to an appliance store near you to grab one of these cookers, you might want to know, however, that air fryers aren’t deep fryers. They won’t have the same taste as oil does factor in largely in the taste of deep-fried dishes.
They will, however, have the same texture. Air fried dishes will be crispy on the outside but tender on the inside, so with these appliances, you can still enjoy the satisfying crunch of fried food sans the guilt and fat that comes with deep frying.
10 Benefits of Using Oil Less Air Fryer:
If you’re curious about what a good oil less air fryer can bring to your kitchen, here are ten of its most popular benefits:
- Air frying is healthy: As deep frying involves soaking your ingredients in oil, it can saturate your dishes with cholesterol that won’t do your heart, kidney, and digestive system any favors. Air frying offers a wonderful alternative to this because it doesn’t use as much oil to get the crunch people love in fried food. All you need is a tablespoon or less of oil and you’re good to go. Thanks to its use of hot air to cook dishes, you can count on air fried food to be less-fatty.
- Air fryers are safe to use: As air fryers use fast moving hot air inside its cooking chamber, you won’t get directly exposed to heat or hot oil. This makes it way safer than cooking on a stove-top, grill, or even an oven. While the outside of these appliances can still get hot, it won’t be as hot as an open fire or even exceed temperatures higher than 390F as that is already the highest temperature most air fryers can reach.
- Air frying won’t degrade the nutrients found in your natural ingredients: One of the major selling points of oil less air fryers is the fact that it can keep the nutrients in your natural ingredients intact. As it won’t really saturate your ingredients with other liquid ingredients that can wash away, dilute, and cause the nutrients in your ingredients to evaporate during the cooking process, you can count on air fried food to help you enjoy more vitamins and minerals in your dishes. This also adds to the fact that air frying is a healthier alternative method of cooking as you can definitely whip up healthier meals with its help.
- You can use an air fryer even without a lot of cooking experience: Another great offer of the oil less air fryers is its simple structure. It’s a fuss-free appliance that won’t be too hard to operate even for those who can’t boil an egg without burning it to a crisp.
- You can save on grocery costs with an oil less air fryer: Air fryers promise to help lower your cooking oil usage to 80%, so naturally, it can also affect your grocery bills if you opt to use it more than your deep fryer.
- You won’t have to stick with boiled dishes and salads if you want to improve your diet: A healthy diet often comes with bland, boiled, soggy dishes. With an air fryer, though, you can already enjoy crunchy and crispy dishes without feeling guilty about your promise to eat healthily.
- Air fryers can provide the quickest meal solutions for hectic evenings: Did you know that air fryers can cook frozen food without having to completely thaw the ingredients first? This alone can already help you whip up a quick meal in a flash. Its cooking times won’t take up the whole evening as well, so even if you came home late, you can still cook something up and eat within the hour without having to slave away in the kitchen.
- Cleanups are easier when cooking with air fryers: Frying on the stove can get messy. What with the oil splattering all over the place, you’ll need to clean up thoroughly if you want to enjoy something fried at home. This wouldn’t be the case with an air fryer, though, as it cooks your food inside a container. It won’t create a huge mess that you’ll dread to clean later.
- You won’t put yourself at risk of oil burns with this appliance: Again, as air fryers cook food inside a container and don’t use a lot of oil, oil splashes and splatters won’t happen. This will save you from painful and unsightly burns.
- Air fryers can do more than just fry, making it more useful in the kitchen: Depending on the chosen setting on your air fryer, you can also use it to grill, bake, and even broil in some units. This makes it more versatile and handy in any kitchen.
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Oil Less Air Fryers :
Before you jump the gun and commit to one of the fantastic air fryers mentioned above, here are some additional tips that you can use in choosing the best one for your home:
Check the Cooking Capacity
Mind the Footprint
Alongside the cooking capacity is the actual size of the air fryer. Not a lot of kitchens have the space to accommodate another counter-top appliance, so you have to be wise in choosing the right product for your home.
Some airfryers have a large footprint and may crowd your counter and cupboards, but there are also some vertically-shaped varieties that will let you maximize your space.
How’s the Performance?
Reading feedback is another essential step that you should do when shopping for air fryers. Try to know what people say about the item you’re eyeing so you can easily learn more about its performance.
Your Budget Matters
Of course, your budget should also play a big role in buying an air fryer. These appliances come in just about every price point so you can be sure that you always have options.
Don’t worry if you have a lower budget as you can still find a good match despite having to look into the entry-level units. Just be very thorough and ensure quality in choosing, so you can be sure to get a well-performing air fryer.
Shopping for the best oil less air fryer may seem daunting, but with the right information and a good list of excellent options, you can be sure that you’ll be able to narrow down your options and even make the right choice in no time.
Hopefully, this guide helps you out in picking out the perfect unit for your needs as air frying is certainly one of the best ways to eat better without sacrificing your love for fried food.