Way back in 2010 at the Berlin IFA consumer electronics show, Philips launched what we now regard as the revolutionary air fryer.
Even then, critics realized at the time that it had the potential to change the culinary and health scenes with its innovative features and impactful benefits. This ultimate guide and reviews will help you to choose the best air fryer brand.
The air fryer heated the air inside a food chamber up to 392 degrees, and then it had the new Rapid Air Technology to really circulate the hot air to cook the food. The result is crispy fried perfection on the outside of the food and tender juicy goodness on the inside.
What really makes this air fryer special is that it “fries” food with very little cooking oil involved. At the most, you can get by with a tablespoon or two of cooking oil. In other words, you can use only 20% of the amount of cooking oil you normally use.
What’s more, the cooking oil can also significantly increase your bad cholesterol levels which can then threaten the health of your cardiovascular system.
Top 10 Air Fryer Brands 2021 – Comparisons and Reviews
Our Picks of 10 Best Air Fryer Brands:
This is the niche leader in the air fryer industry, for good reasons. It was the brand that launched a thousand imitators and for many the original is still the best.
- This brand is renowned for its innovative products in so many niches that no one can doubt the quality of a typical Philips electronic item.
- The first Philips air fryer was a smash hit, and it inspired a revolution in frying. Never again will people have to endure extra calories and higher cholesterol levels just to get a taste of fried crispy goodness.
- You get these tasty results with healthier consequences, while the air fryer is also easy to use and maintain.
Every reputable list of air fryers invariably includes a mention of this brand. Its fame rests mainly on the cost-effective proposition it offers.
- Their product features may be the equivalent of 90% of what you see in a Philips air fryer, but you can buy it for 50% of the Philips price. Do the math, and you’ll realize that you get more for your money with this.
- Their air fryers include the 1700-watt 4th Generation XL Electric Air Fryer with its 5.8-quart capacity.
- There’s also the popular 8-in-1 model that offers 8 built-in programs for different types of uses.
The brand sells commercial appliances like meat grinders and ice makers, along with other home appliances like air coolers, air purifiers, and washing machines.
- But its fame is mostly about the wide range of kitchen appliances it offers for homeowners.
- Its air fryers are robust looking devices with simple designs.
- They’re often very easy to use.
- They can really speed up the cooking process with their efficient heating.
This is a famous brand all over the world, and that’s mainly because of its wide range of high quality cooking appliances. For the air fryer niche, they offer units such as the T-fal ActiFry. They’re a bit pricey, but then it offers premium features.
- This can fry your food with just a single tablespoon of cooking oil.
- What makes this special is that it has a rotating silicone stirrer to stir the food inside. This solves one of the more vexing problems with regular air fryers, because the hot air in those units can’t reach food surfaces that touch each other. So with fries, you can get uncooked spots and so you need to stir the food every now and then. With this, you don’t have to.
This is a very popular brand, as it’s not just available in the major cities and consumer markets. In some places like the Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, it’s the only brand of air fryer that’s offered.
- It comes with a very low price tag, yet its quality isn’t cheap at all.
- Its $80 air fryer comes with a 3-quart nonstick food basket, a preheat feature, and digital LED controls.
- The basket and the drawer are both dishwasher-safe and there’s even retractable cord storage.
- You get low costs and convenience too—a perfect combination for the modern homeowner.
Power Air Fryer XL
Use this air fryer, and you can reduce the calorie intake from blooming onions from 1950 calories to just 380 calories. With chicken fingers, the reduction is from 780 calories to just 250 calories. The 340 calories in French fries become merely 70 calories.
- This brand offers air fryers in different sizes, such as 3.4 and 5.3 quarts.
- Their units can do many things, including roast, grill, sauté, or even bake food.
- They’re “oil-less” air fryers that don’t really need oil at all, though you can get by with just a little bit.
- The heat range goes all the way up to 400 degrees, so you can basically fry almost anything that can be fried.
- Cooking tends to be easy because of the digital panels with the one-touch controls. Push a button, and you’re good to go.
- Cleanup is also simple because the parts that get dirty are detachable and dishwasher-safe.
If you watch a lot of TV, then you may have stumbled upon one of those ubiquitous Big Boss ads for their air fryers.
- It does emphasize the “big in their air fryers, since you generally get a big bowl with a food capacity of about 16 quarts. When its rivals can only offer 3-quart capacities, you can see the advantage here.
- With this, you can cook large amounts of food for huge families and for gatherings. A whole chicken can easily fit in.
- Actually, it even features an expansion ring so you can also put in a turkey for Thanksgiving.
- With the various cooking racks, you can cook different types of food at the same time, so you can have chicken and veggies at once.
The brand is a relative newcomer in the air fryer industry, but it has quickly earned a reputation for high quality products and excellent customer support. The people who work for the brand do seem to care about their brand reputation, so they really want each and every buyer to get the very best experience with their air fryers.
- Their air fryer units can be very versatile, as they can roast, grill and even bake goodies in your unit. So you can use the same device to cook chicken and veggies, and then later you can bake a cake with it.
- The tasty results are excellent, and the units work well and reliably.
- If you have any issues, the enthusiastic Cozyna customer support will find a way to help. They don’t just offer fuss-free replacements for malfunctioning units. They’ll send replacements for air fryers that you somehow misuse too.
The brand likes to compare its features to the original Philips, and in many ways it comes out on top. It offers several air fryers with dial controls, though it also has a digital model.
- These air fryers can go up to 400 degrees, which is a bit better than the 392 degrees you get from Philips.
- Their models are more portable too. That’s evident in the somewhat smaller design as well as the handle (which the Philips model doesn’t have).
- Surprisingly, the smaller Avalon Bay can cook up to 3.2 pounds at once, while you can only cook 1.8 pounds in the Philips.
- The Philips also costs 3 times as much as the Avalon Bay.
In many ways, the air fryer from this brand is very similar to the original Philips air fryer. It’s just that the prices for the Nutrichef air fryers are more reasonable.
- Instead of paying more than $300, you can pay less than $100.
- You can grill, roast, and broil your food with this. You can even bake pastries.
- This can be used for all kinds of meat, including shrimp, chicken, and fish. Veggies are great with this, and so are French fries.
- The heat goes up to 400 degrees.
What is the Best Brand of Air Fryer?
For many, the hands down choice is Philips. That’s because it’s the brand that came out with this technology in the first place. They’re the ones who did the research and development, and that shows their commitment to consumer technology innovation and to healthier living.
Philips is a famous brand in TV and audio equipment, while their shavers are world class. Their lighting products illuminate many homes around the world. In various hospitals, you can also find lots of advanced healthcare electronics carrying the Philips brand.
5 Things to Consider Before Choosing Best Air Fryer Brand:
Now let’s condor the various factors that you should focus on when considering the brand:
It stands to reason that a brand with a long history is more trustworthy, since they’ve had years of experience in producing items that the public wants. If they didn’t know their job, they would have gone out of business long ago.
2. Reputation for quality
It’s often a good idea to follow the crowd when you pick an air fryer. That’s because most of the time an air fryer is a bestseller because it has a low price yet it offers good quality and excellent features.
4. Customer support
Many brands have excellent customer support to bolster their reputation, and it works. Many consumers love it when a brand doesn’t offer unreasonable limitations and rules when it comes to unit replacement under warranty. On the other hand, some brands don’t even have any sort of live customer support at all.
Sometimes a brand may have a luxury reputation that makes them impractical for many buyers on a budget. However, other brands may have a rep for cost-effectiveness, when they combine low costs with great features.
Yes, it is true that Philips was the trailblazer in this industry. For many, this brand remains the gold standard to which all the other air fryers are compared.
The Philips brand is well-known in the consumer electronics industry, and their products are by and large high quality.
Ultimately, it’s your choice. This guide doesn’t tell you what to choose when you’re deciding on the great air fryer brand. It’s meant to open your eyes to the fact that you do have lots of options available!