What is Resin Storage Shed?
A resin storage shed is a storage unit made of resin. It is available in various designs, sizes, and prices. As we grow older, we keep buying things as we need them. At some point, some of these things outlive their usefulness.
But instead of disposing of them, we tend to keep them somewhere because we feel that someday, they may become useful.
And as a matter of fact, some of them become useful later. Besides, nature sometimes plays a trick on us. You’ll keep some junks for years and decide to discard them only for their uses to come up a few days or weeks after discarding them.
So, people tend to keep their old stuff and this gives rise to the need for storage units. People want their apartments to be as spacious as possible and they don’t want to discard old items. The only way to solve this problem is to get a storage unit. This led to the emergence of the best resin storage sheds.
These sheds are very durable, they are not so expensive, and they are waterproof. The innovation took the world by storm and its demand keeps rising.
There are numerous brands and models of resin sheds in the market now. That’s why we assessed a lot of them and came up with the best ten. Check their features below.
Our Picks of Top 10 Resin Storage Sheds – Get The Right Model
Our Picks of 10 Best Resin Storage Shed Reviews:
1. Keter Factor 8×6 Large Resin Outdoor Shed
The color of this resin shed is taupe/brown. With a dimension of 101 by 71.5 by 9.5 inches, it will take a lot of items. Weighing 234.5 pounds makes it very light, but not light enough to be blown by the wind.
It has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars. It is durable and waterproof. Also, it has a window for ventilation and has a skylight for natural light. The best part is that it has zero maintenance.
- This resin shed is protected from UV.
- It is durable and resistant to harsh weather conditions.
- The shed is also waterproof.
- There’s a skylight for natural light.
- It has a window for ventilation.
- The shed will neither peel nor rust.
- Having double doors makes it easy to move stuff inside and outside.
- Its Amazon rating is 4.2 stars.
2. Toomax Storer Plus XL 44 Cubic Foot Resin Storage Shed
The height of 4 feet implies that this shed has enough space for your items. It comes in anthracite and taupe grey colors. You can leave it anywhere because it is resistant to all weather conditions.
Some of its users confirmed its durability. Its rustic look and texture are fashioned after natural wood.
No matter what condition you subject it to, it will never peel, rust, fade, or dent. And that’s why it has no maintenance cost. Having an Amazon rating of 3.8 stars confirms its quality and class.
- The walls of this shed are drillable.
- It is resistant to peeling and rust.
- And it is also resistant to fading and dent.
- The shed is 4 feet tall.
- It is paintable although you don’t have to paint it.
- You have the liberty to add a lock for the security of your belongings.
- It comes with two doors.
- An Amazon rating of 3.8 stars is commendable.
- Its floor panel is thick.
3. KETER Manor 4×6 Resin Outdoor Storage Shed
We love the color combination of this shed. Grey and white is a winning combination all the time. It has a dimension of 51 by 76 by 78 inches, and it weighs 93.5 pounds.
With a storage capacity of 131.8 cubic feet, you’ll have all the spaces that you need. It does not peel, rot, or rust, so it doesn’t require painting. In fact, it does not require any maintenance.
With a window and a skylight, the shed will get adequate fresh air and natural light. So, heat will not damage your belongings.
- This resin shed offers a storage capacity of 131.8 cubic feet.
- It has a window for ventilation.
- And a skylight for natural light.
- It will not rust, rot, or peel, so you don’t need to paint it.
- An Amazon rating of 4.0 stars says it all.
- You can be sure of its durability.
- It is also resistant to all harsh weather conditions.
- We found its color combination visually appealing.
4. Rubbermaid 7 x 7 Feet Weather Resistant
What distinguishes this shed is its utility hook, as well as its rack. This is one of the few storage sheds that has two windows. This means that your belongings will get enough air.
With a space of 332 cubic feet, you’ll be able to store a riding mower and other outdoor tools in it.
The shed is resistant to dents, leaks, and harsh weather conditions. It is also waterproof, so your tools are safe even when it’s raining cats and dogs.
- This shed weighs 369 pounds.
- And it can hold up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- It is constructed with double walls.
- We’re sure of its durability.
- Having two windows is one of its best features.
- It is resistant to leaks and dents.
- This shed gives you 332 cubic feet of space.
- An amazon rating of 4.3 stars is awesome.
5. Rubbermaid Large Plastic Vertical Resin Weather Resistant
This resin shed comes in sandstone color, and you’ll love it. It has a dimension of 76 by 55 by 77 inches. It is made of a combination of resin and plastic, and that makes it very strong.
The shed weighs 195 pounds, and it has a storage capacity of 159 cubic feet.
For the security of your belongings, it has lockable doors. You can customize it with racking, shelving, and pegboards using wall anchors.
- This shed is made of resin and plastic.
- Its doors are lockable.
- The dimension of the storage unit is 76 by 55 by 77 inches.
- It has a storage space of 159 cubic feet.
- The unit weighs 195 pounds.
- You can customize it with wall anchors.
- It is resistant to water, rust, rot, and harsh weather conditions.
- That’s why it has a high Amazon rating.
6. Keter Patio Store 4.6 x 2.5 Foot with Paintable and Drillable Walls
This resin shed comes in a grey color. It has a dimension of 54.9 by 30.3 by 47.2 inches. With a storage capacity of 35 cubic feet, you can store a few things in it.
Like the others, it is also resistant to all weather conditions. Since it is resistant to rot, rust, and peeling, it requires no painting or any other maintenance activity.
The walls of the shed can be drilled into. The shed provides extra security because it can be locked.
- This shed gives a space of 35 cubic feet.
- It has a dimension of 54.9 by 30.3 by 47.2 inches.
- For additional security, this shed can be locked with standard padlocks.
- You can drill into the walls of the shed.
- It will never rot, rust, or fade.
- The shed is resistant to all weather conditions.
- It weighs 87.8 pounds.
- The shed has an Amazon rating of 4.0 stars.
7. Rubbermaid Small Horizontal Resin Outdoor Shed
This shed comes with a very thick floor panel that will protect your belongings from rough weather. Its double-wall construction offers additional protection.
It has a dimension of 29 by 47 by 21 inches and a weight of 47.1 pounds. You’ll enjoy a space of 18 cubic feet.
Like the others, it is resistant to weather, dent, and leak. That’s why we can assure you of its durability. It comes in seven pieces that can be assembled easily.
- This shed offers a storage capacity of 18 cubic feet.
- It has a dimension of 29 by 47 by 21 inches.
- A weight of 47.1 pounds is fair.
- Its floor panel is very thick.
- The double-wall construction offers additional protection.
- It is highly durable.
- The resistance to leak, dent, and water leaves you worry-free.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
8. Rubbermaid Medium Vertical Resin Storage Shed
This resin storage unit comes in brown color. It has a dimension of 52 by 55 by 77 inches and a weight of 155 pounds. The weight limit of the shed is 50 pounds.
If you buy this unit, you’ll have a storage space of about 127 cubic feet. Its floor panel is impact-resistant.
Although the storage unit is lockable, it does not come with any lock. There’s room for customization with organizational accessories.
- This shed offers a space of 127 cubic feet.
- It weighs 155 pounds.
- And it has a dimension of 52 by 55 by 77 inches.
- Its floor panel cannot hold a weight of more than 50 pounds.
- The unit is leak-resistant and weather-resistant.
- It is quite easy to assemble.
- You can lock it for extra security.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
9. Suncast BMS8100 8′ x 10′ Heavy-Duty
This storage unit comes in vanilla color, and it has a dimension of 100.5 by 122.25 by 103 inches.
The shed weighs 384 pounds, but this should not be a problem since you won’t need to move it around. We spoke to two of its users and they confirmed its durability.
It has windows for ventilation and skylights for natural light. Its doors have a padlock hasp, so the shed is lockable.
- This storage unit comes in vanilla color.
- It has a dimension of 100.5 by 122.25 by 103 inches.
- There are skylights for natural light.
- And it has windows for air.
- Its doors have a hasp for a padlock. So, it is secure.
- The shed weighs 384 pounds.
- It is durable.
- And it offers a storage capacity of 574 cubic feet.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
10. Rubbermaid Slide-Lid Resin Weather Resisrant
This storage shed has two doors, so it is easy to move large items into it and out of it. We love its roughneck color. Its material is a combination of plastic and resin.
The shed has a dimension of 60 by 79 by 54 inches. It didn’t take us up to 30 minutes to assemble it. The shed weighs 183.6 pounds and it comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- This shed comes with two doors.
- It is waterproof and resistant to harsh weather conditions.
- Buyers will enjoy a 1-year limited warranty on it.
- It has a dimension of 60 by 79 by 54 pounds.
- And it weighs 183.6 pounds.
- You can easily assemble it.
- The shed is tough and durable.
- Its Amazon rating is 4.4 stars.
Are Resin Storage Sheds Any Good?
First off, if resin storage sheds are not good, they won’t be in high demand. They offer four major benefits. The benefits are discussed right below.
1. Resin sheds are relatively less expensive. When you compare their prices to the prices of steel sheds or wooden sheds, you’ll agree that they are more cost-effective.
2. They are durable. Another quality of resin storage units is durability. No matter how you use them, they will last very long. In fact, they can last for years.
3. They require zero maintenance. Since they are resistant to dents, rot, and rust, you don’t really have to paint them. In fact, they require no maintenance cost.
4. They are waterproof, so even if it rains, your items are safe inside your shed.
How To Install A Resin Storage Shed?
Every resin storage shed comes with its assembly instructions which you have to follow. However, here are some basic steps to follow.
Step 1 – determine the spot where you want to place your shed.
Step 2 – Level the ground as resin storage units can only sit affably on level ground.
Step 3 – Bring out its assembly manual and go through it.
Step 4 – Set the base or the floor panel on the level ground.
Step 5 – Start assembling it, wall by wall. Although the assembly is easy, you may need an extra hand. What we like most is that we didn’t need any special tools to assemble it. Your regular home tools should be able to handle it.
Step 6 – When you’re through with the walls, you can now place the roof on it.
Step 7 – If it has windows and skylights, try them to see how they work.
Step 8 – If its doors have a hasp, you should make use of the hasp by locking it with a padlock. This gives extra security.
That’s all. Kindly note that different sheds have different installation steps. So, yours may require slightly different steps. That’s why it is necessary to read and follow the instructions.
How To Clean A Resin Storage Shed?
One good thing about resin sheds is that they require no maintenance. You don’t have to repaint yours. However, since they are usually left outside, they are covered in dust. So, it is important to clean both the interior and exterior of your resin shed and here are the steps to take.
Step 1 – Move out all the items inside the shed.
Step 2 – Sweep the floor panel and remove all the cobwebs, if any.
Step 3 – Soak a piece of cloth inside mild soapy water.
Step 4 – Starting from the interior, wipe the walls from the bottom to the top. After wiping the first wall, put the cloth inside clean water and squeeze it gently. Wipe the same wall that you’ve just wiped with soapy water.
Step 5 – Do the same for all the other three walls.
Step 6 – Now, you need to wipe the floor panel with soapy water before you wipe it with clean water.
Step 7 – Step outside and do the same for all the exterior walls.
Step 8 – Leave the shed open for the interior to get dry before you move your things back inside.
That’s all. It will be a good idea to clean the shed at least once in three months.
How To Anchor A Resin Storage Shed?
You need to anchor your shed because of the wind. A heavy wind could blow it out of position if not properly anchored. The best way to anchor a shed is to use concrete. You need to dig a pit in the four corners of the shed. Drill a hole in the four corners of the walls of the shed.
Pass a strong rope through the hole from outside to inside. Tie the interior end of the rope to a strong metal bar. The exterior part of the rope should be taken to the pit that you dug It should be tied to another metal bar and dropped inside one of the holes that were dug.
Ensure that the rope is taut and firm. You can now cover the metal bar with the concrete that you have mixed. Do the same for the three other corners, and allow the concrete to dry on its own. Once the concrete dries up, the wind will not be able to blow the shed.
How To Paint A Resin Storage Shed?
To paint your resin shed, you have to follow the steps you took to clean it.
Step 1 – Move out all the items inside the shed.
Step 2 – Sweep the floor panel and remove all the cobwebs, if any.
Step 3 – Clean the interior and the exterior.
Step 4 – Starting from the interior, paint the walls from the bottom to the top. After painting the first wall, paint the others before going outside.
Step 5 – Step outside and paint the exterior walls one by one from the bottom to the top.
Step 6 – Leave the shed open for the interior to get dry before you move your things back inside. Leave it for at least 48 hours before filling it with load again.
Are resin sheds worth it?
Firstly, plastic sheds specified as resin sheds are what you should opt for, provided you intend to buy one. Resin sheds are categorically made of vinyl. Resin sheds are weatherproof, and that’s what distinguishes them from others.
They don’t become warped so quickly. Their tensile strength makes them dependable for several uses. Although they are not vehement naturally enough to resist tough winds, especially when the coupling is not done correctly against wind attacks, they wall an excellent resistance against rainfalls. In addition, they are good fire-resistant. Users can employ a professional to couple up or do it by themselves.
How long do resin storage sheds last?
Resin storage sheds take up to 10yrs before they need changes. What fades is the hue of the storage shed; aside from that, it has solidified components that make it look aesthetic for saving light-medium equipment for a long time.
Nevertheless, what can lessen the durability of the resin shed is, probably, when using it for mobility purposes. Meanwhile, if it’s to be sited, the resin shed should be mounted in a region that children won’t be playing around it and abuse its use.
How do you reinforce a resin shed?
Reinforcing resin sheds could be done by building foundations for sheds and adding shelves to the shed. Using a wooden shelve and studs for your resin shed will strengthen it properly and make it super-functional.
Using metal roofing with braces to support the angles while woods frame the metallic roof would help firmly re-establish the shed on the ground. Howbeit, avoid mounting the shed on a sloppy surface to avoid complexities in balances.
Nevertheless, you’re urged to hire a professional to provide you with the reinforcement that’s appropriate for the construction of your resin storage shed.
Can you put a resin shed on the ground?
Yes, you can, but it’s not advisable. Why?! Well, because it’s made of vinyl. Although it can neither rot nor be threatened by weather, rodents can eat a considerable part of its fragments to leave it out of shape.
Also, children can tug at it, pets can prise on its wall and anything, but basing it with concrete and relative studs and lofts would enhance its stability anywhere. Notwithstanding, one’s motive in using the resin shed will determine if putting on the bare floor is necessary or not. Moreover, some have built-in decorated bases and awns that could suit your needs.
The sheds reviewed above are the latest resin storage sheds in the market today, and all of them are highly recommended. They are resistant to weather, water, dents, and leaks, so they require zero maintenance.
Most importantly, they are durable. That’s why they all have a high Amazon rating. Pick any of them, and you’ll be glad you did.