This report is for the best electric pressure canners for canning. You’re wondering what we mean, right? Aren’t all canners for canning? Here is the thing. We have found out that most canners are also able to do other things like steam cooking, pressure cooking, and slow cooking. So, some people purchase pressure canners primarily for cooking.
Ironically, some pressure canners perform better in cooking than in canning. So, if you need a pressure canner mainly for canning, the canners reviewed in this article are the best. We only tested their canning ability. We have reviewed ten pressure canners below and we have rated them on their canning ability alone.
After reviewing each of them separately, we listed the steps involved in how to use weighted gauge pressure canner because people find it difficult to use that category of canners. The steps have been simplified, so you’ll easily understand it. Also, there are tips for buying a pressure canner in this report as well. So, after reading the article through, you can make a decision immediately.
What you should expect from these canning units are great performance, high power conservation, affordability, durability, ease of use, and availability. These are the yardsticks used in selecting the best pressure canners. Let’s go into the main reviews now.
Top Rated 10 Best Electric Pressure Canner for Canning – Get The Right Model
Our Picks of 10 Best Electric Pressure Canners for Canning:
1. Viking Stainless Steel Pressure Canner for Canning
This wonderful pressure canner is made of steel and it is available in only silver color. You may also like its unique design. Its capacity is 8 quarts. Weighing only 7.4 pounds adds to its portability.
You can move it around easily, and it won’t take much of your kitchen space. The pump type of this device is manual. Also, having an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars is an indication of quality. This pressure cooker works on all types of stoves.
There’s a maximum fill point that you must follow. It prevents overfilling, and it cooks and cans relatively faster. In fact, it reduces cooking time by half.
- This cooker indicates when full pressure is reached.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The unit conserves power.
- It works with all types of stoves.
- The device weighs 7.4 pounds.
- It has a capacity of 8 quarts.
- The pressure canner is made of steel.
- Some of its users have confirmed that it is durable.
2. Instant Pot Max Pressure Canner for Canning
This one is also made of steel and it is also available in silver color. In fact, most canners are available in silver color. The capacity of this canner is 6 quarts and it weighs 15.7 pounds.
Its pump type is automatic. It has a large touch screen that makes it easier to program. With the touch screen, you can set pressure level, temperature, and time.
You can use this canner for pressure cooking too. All its inserts are made with 100% recyclable materials. So, it is an eco-friendly product. When you buy this canner, you save the landfill from receiving more rubbish.
- This canner can be used as a pressure cooker too.
- All its inserts are made from 100% recyclable materials.
- It weighs 15.7 pounds.
- The capacity of the canning unit is 6 quarts.
- Its pump type is automatic.
- The device is made of steel.
- Its Amazon rating is 4.6 stars.
- The device has a touch screen feature that makes its programming easy.
3. Mirro 92122 92122A Polished Pressure Canner
This is a 15-pound pressure canner with a capacity of 23.24 liters. We found its body to be made of aluminum. With that capacity, it can take 7 quart jars and 16 pint jars.
It is important to tell you that we found a good recipe book in its pack. Also, the device comes with two different types of warranties.
The canner comes with a stunning 10-year warranty while its replacement parts offer a 1-year warranty. The device comes with an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- This canning appliance is made of aluminum.
- Its weight is 15 pounds.
- It can contain 16 pint jars or 7 quart jars.
- The product is easy to use. So you should be able to handle it.
- We found out from its users that the unit is durable.
- It is easy to clean.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars speaks volumes about the product.
- It has a capacity of 23.24 liters.
4. Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum Canner for Canning
This pressure canner is made of aluminum and it is available in only silver color. With a weight of 10.5 pounds and a capacity of 16 quarts, it appears to us as one of the best canning units around.
You may decide to use it for cooking, but we tested only its canning ability. Its pump type is manual. You can also use it for boiling water canning.
You can use it with gas, electric, and smooth-top ranges. Pressure will not build in it until its cover is properly locked. This safety feature prevents its cover from popping up when in use. It also does pressure cooking.
- This unit weighs 10.5 pounds.
- It has a capacity of 16 quarts.
- We found its extended 12-year limited warranty amazing.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
- You’ll find a manual/recipe book in its pack.
- This device also does pressure cooking.
- It can take 7 quart and 10 pint jars.
- Pressure will never build inside until its cover is properly locked.
5. Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This silver-color canning tool is made of steel, having a capacity of 7.6 liters. Also, you’ll find its weight of 8.85 pounds impressive.
Its pump type is automatic. The current Amazon rating of the unit is 4.6 stars. Its heating is evenly distributed. You can use it for pressure cooking too.
There’s a pressure indicator that lets you know when it is safe to open it. The unit comes with a steaming basket and a 64-page instruction/recipe book.
- This canning device is available in silver color.
- It has a capacity of 7.6 liters.
- The weight of the unit is 8.85 pounds.
- Its pump type is automatic.
- Users have given it an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- Its pressure indicator lets you know when there’s still pressure in it.
- The canner is made of steel.
- It comes with a 64-page instruction/recipe book.
6. Zavor DUO 10 Quart Multi-Setting Pressure Canner
This stainless steel pressure canner has a capacity of 10 quarts and a weight of 10.1 pounds. It comes with an automatic pump type.
What we love most about it is its compatibility with all types of stoves and ranges. You’ll also find its 10-year warranty awesome. We are sure of its durability too.
Its simplicity makes it easy to clean. Users have given it an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The Amazon rating of this pressure canner is 4.4 stars.
- It is easy to use/clean.
- We have confirmed its durability.
- It has a capacity of 10 quarts.
- The unit secures itself with a locking handle that locks firmly.
- The product comes with an automatic pump.
- It weighs only 10.1 pounds.
- The pressure canner offers a 10-year warranty.
- It comes with a recipe book with over 50 recipes.
7. Granite Ware Pressure Canner for Canning
This pressure canner comes in black color, and it is made of aluminum. It boasts of a capacity of 18.93 liters and a weight of 10.5 pounds. Its pump is manual.
Another reason to consider it is its pressure regulator system. With it, you can regulate the pressure in the unit while in use. It is durable and quite easy to clean. That’s probably why it has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- This device has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- Its internal capacity is 18.93 liters.
- It is available in black.
- The canner is made of aluminum.
- It is easy to use.
- The unit heats up relatively faster.
- The unit weighs 10.5 pounds.
- We love its 3-piece pressure regulator.
8. Buffalo QCP430 32-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This one is made of stainless steel, so you can be sure that it will neither corrode nor rust. It has a weight of 17.63 pounds and a capacity of 30.28 liters. Its pump is manual.
Like the others, it has a high Amazon rating. The Amazon rating is 4.2 stars. It can heat up to 240° F. It works with induction cookers, electric stoves, and gas stoves. You can clean it easily. We are sure of its durability. The device is made in Malaysia.
- This device is made in Malaysia.
- It works with all induction cookers, electric stoves, and gas stoves.
- This unit heats up to 240° F.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- The unit is made of stainless steel.
- Its capacity is 30.28 liters.
- The weight of the unit is 17.63 pounds.
- It is quite durable.
9. Fagor Duo Stainless Steel Pressure Canning Set
This is another stainless steel canner. It is exquisite and elegant but simple. The unit comes with several accessories. You can also use it for pressure cooking.
Since it is made of stainless steel, it is resistant to rust and corrosion. We found it quite easy to use and easy to clean.
Some of its users have confirmed its durability. Also, it consumes less power and cooks faster than others. It weighs 13.2 pounds and has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- The unit is made of stainless steel.
- It is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- An Amazon rating of 4.2 stars is awesome.
- It weighs 13.2 pounds.
- The device is rugged and durable.
- It comes with several accessories.
- You can clean it easily.
- It consumes less power and cooks faster than many others.
10. Giantex 6-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
This is the third pressure canner on this list with an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars. Although it is a mere coincidence, the coincidence is an indication that we only review products with a high Amazon rating.
The product comes in silver color, and it is made of aluminum alloy. It has a capacity of 6 quarts and a weight of 5.05 pounds. Yes, its light weight is one of its selling points. Its pump type is manual.
- This canner weighs only 5.05 pounds.
- It has a capacity of 6 quarts.
- Its pump type is manual.
- The color of the pressure canner is silver.
- It is made of aluminum alloy.
- You can be sure of its durability.
- It is easy to use.
- You can use it for pressure cooking.
How Do Electric Pressure Canners Work?
Electric pressure canners are very easy to use and they process foods, fruits, vegetables, fish, meats, soups, and broths so damn well. We love electric pressure canners because they are safer, easier to use, and much more convenient. Contrary to what many people think, electric pressure canners don’t consume a lot of electricity.
Here, we will answer a few frequently asked questions about an electric pressure canner. So, without further ado, let’s get right to it.
Are electric pressure canners safe for canning?
Yes, of course. In fact, electric pressure canners are the safest canning appliances. They are safer than manual pressure canners and water bath pressure canners. And the steps required to use them are easier to follow. For a manual pressure canner, you have to wait for steam to vent off before pressure starts building up. For an electric pressure canner, place the jars inside, turn it on, set the temperature, pressure, and time. That’s all.
Can you can foods in an electric pressure canner?
Yes, you can process your foods, fruits, veggies, fish, meat, and soups in an electric canner and we will explain how. Before using your electric pressure canner, don’t forget to study its user manual. Also, you need to sterilize your jars, seals, and bands.
Fill the jars with whatever you want to can. Dip a spatula in the jars to remove air bubbles. As always, leave a headspace of 1 inch. Place the jars inside the electric pressure canner one by one. Cover the canner, turn it on, and set the pressure, temperature, and timer. And that’s all. The canner will go off when the time elapses.
Allow it to cool down before you open it. Take the jars out one after the other, and allow them to cool off before you label and store them.
How does an electric pressure canner work?
Unlike a manual pressure canner that you heat with a stove, an electric pressure canner does not require a stove. A heating element has been integrated into it. Once you plug its cord into a power outlet and you switch on the outlet, the heating element will kick in. The temperature will begin to increase inside the pressure can.
It traps hot steam to build pressure and temperature at the same time. The combination of high temperature and pressure kills the spores of bacteria and the spores of other micro-organisms. As a user, you only need to set the required temperature, pressure, and time, according to the canning recipe.
After testing several electric pressure canners, we can tell you that it is very easy to use.
Is a pressure cooker the same as a pressure canner?
No, they are not the same. For some reasons, a lot of people mistake a pressure canner for a pressure cooker. They both cook food with pressure and their functions are similar but they are different. A pressure cooker uses both temperature and pressure to cook, and it cooks within a shorter time frame.
On the other hand, a pressure canner uses pressure and temperature to can, but canning takes a longer period and that’s why it is able to kill off all bacteria spores.
How to Use a Weighted Gauge Pressure Canner?
Here are the basic steps involved in this process.
Step 1 – Place the filled jars on your electric burner.
Step 2 – Turn the burner to the stipulated setting level in the manual.
Step 3 – When the steam begins to flow, you can set the timer for 10 minutes.
Step 4 – After 10 minutes, place the regulator with the advised amount of weight on the canner.
Step 5 – When the pressure regulator begins to rock, you can turn down the heat.
Step 6 – Now, you can set the timer for the time stated in the recipe.
Step 7 – Turn off the burner when the canning completes.
Step 8 – Wait until the pressure reduces. This should not take more than 15 minutes.
Step 9 – When the locking pin releases, you can take off the pressure regulator and the weights.
Step 10 – Wait for another 10 minutes before you loosen the lid.
Step 11 – You can now remove the jars one by one.
That’s it. The process is as simple as that. Make sure you read the instructions in the manual of your canner. This is because the process is slightly different with each model of a pressure canner. Don’t just read the instructions; you should follow them to the letter.
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Electric Pressure Canner for Canning?
By now, you must have read the reviews of all the ten pressure canners reviewed above. And you’re all set to order a pressure canner. Isn’t it? Now, this report is not complete without giving you some important buying tips.
1. Why Not Pick One from This List?
We have given you a list of the top canners around. They have been tested and they are now trusted. Do you still want to waste your time and other resources on searching the internet when we have given you what you need?
That may not be a smart idea. Rather, it is better and smarter to leverage our review and pick one of the reviewed pressure canners. You’ll be happy with your purchase. Any product you buy on this list is a good buy.
2. Consider The Size of Your Family
Pressure canners come in different sizes, but the bigger they are, the more expensive they’ll be. So, you may be throwing money away if you buy a 20-quart canner when a 16-quart canner can handle your canning needs.
So, it is better to buy the exact size that you need. To aid your decision, we gave the number of jars each canner can handle.
3. Purchase it from Amazon
We have been getting the prices of pressure canners from different stores. That’s why we can authoritatively tell you that Amazon offers the most competitive prices around. So, if you want the best canner at a great price, you should purchase it from Amazon.
Another reason why we recommend Amazon is its return policy. Any product you buy from Amazon comes with a 30-day return window. During this period, you can return the canner and get a refund.
4. Test Your Canning Unit
It is very important to test your pressure canner before its return window closes. You don’t want to get stuck with a product that you don’t like.
5. Avoid Overly Low Prices
This advice is for people who prefer to buy their canner elsewhere. It is normal to look for the best price, but when the price is too low, it could be a used or refurbished product. So, if you run into such prices, choose another product.
This report is for the latest electric pressure canner for canning. They may be used for pressure cooking, slow cooking, and steam cooking, but we are sure that their canning ability is awesome. We tested them all.
They are easy to use and we can vouch for their durability. Also, they conserve power, helping you to reduce your electricity bill. Most of all, they have a high Amazon rating. So, we recommend the ten of them.