We understand that pressure canners come in different brands, designs, and sizes. While some people love small compact canners, others prefer large ones. Also, some people are indifferent about the size of their pressure canners.
As a matter of fact, this report is meant for the best large pressure canners. So, people who are planning to buy a big canning unit can make use of it.
Nevertheless, if you prefer a small pressure canner, you should still go through the article. You’ll learn a thing or two about pressure canners from it. We have reviewed up to ten pressure canners separately. In addition, we have also listed a few tips on how to buy a pressure canner just before we gave our final verdict.
In selecting these canners, we considered larger sizes because we are dealing with big ones. Also, we checked power efficiency. Of course, we came across several great canners that consume a lot of power. We had to drop them because they could increase your monthly power consumption.
Another factor that we considered is the ease of use. We chose only large canners that we could easily operate. A high Amazon rating was also factored into our selection. So, let’s go into the review immediately.
Top Rated 10 Best Large Pressure Canners – Get The Right Model
Our Picks of 10 Best Large Pressure Canner Reviews:
1. Presto 01781 23-Quart Large Pressure Canner
This large aluminum canner is available in silver color. It weighs 12 pounds and has a capacity of 23 quarts. Its pump type is manual.
One little thing that we don’t like about the product is that it is not dishwasher safe. Nevertheless, it is still a great canner and its Amazon rating of 4.8 stars confirms it.
The canner can also be used for boiling-water and pressure cooking. You’ll enjoy an extended limited 12-year warranty on it. The canner comes with a recipe book.
- This pressure canner has a weight of 12 pounds.
- Buyers will enjoy a limited 12-year warranty.
- It is easy to use.
- You can pump it manually.
- Some of its users have testified to its durability.
- The pressure canner is easy to clean.
- You can use it for pressure cooking and boiling water canning.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.8 stars.
2. All American 921 Pressure Canner
This pressure canner is made of aluminum and it weighs 17.75 pounds. It has a capacity of 21.5 quarts. The pump type is automatic. You can place 7 quart jars or 19 pint jars in it at the same time.
The satin finish of the device makes it elegant. The device does not have a gasket. So, you won’t encounter burnt gasket issues with it.
It has a super-tight sealing system. There’s a feature that will release its pressure when it becomes too high for its altitude. The device is made in America and it has an Amazon rating of 4.9 stars.
- This device weighs 17.75 pounds.
- It has a capacity of 21.5 quarts.
- The unit can take 7 quart jars or 19 pint jars at the same time.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.9 stars.
- The pump is controlled automatically.
- Its sealing system is airtight.
- The device is made in the United States.
- It automatically releases its pressure when it becomes too high.
3. Mirro 92122 92122A Polished Aluminum 22-Quart Canner
This large pressure canner has a capacity of 22 quarts or 23.24 liters and it weighs only 15 pounds. It is made of aluminum. You can use it for the canning of 16 pint jars or 7 quart jars at the same time.
This is the major advantage of its capacity. You’ll find a recipe book in its pack. The pressure canner has a 10-year warranty but its replacement parts have a 1-year warranty.
Ensure you read the warranty terms and conditions to avoid taking actions that could void the warranties. Finally, it has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- In spite of its warranties, we found it to be one of the most durable pressure canners around.
- It is made of aluminum.
- You can operate it easily.
- It has a weight of 15 pounds.
- There’s a 10-year warranty on the unit.
- And a 1-year warranty on its replacement parts.
- It can contain 16 pint jars or 7 quart jars.
- The canner has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
4. Warp-Resistant Aluminum, 23-Quart Pressure Canner
This pressure canner is known for its resistance to warp. It is simple but very effective. It gets the job done. The real reason why we shortlisted it is its large capacity.
It has a capacity of 23 quarts or 21.77 liters. Its pump is manually operated. The device weighs only 10.5 pounds.
It has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars. We believe that the features that earned this device a high Amazon rating are ease of use, durability, and simplicity. You can use it for pressure cooking. Finally, its rate of power consumption is low.
- This canning device is resistant to warp.
- It is easy to use.
- You can clean it easily.
- It has a capacity of 21.77 liters or 23 quarts.
- The device has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- It is durable.
- The unit weighs 10.5 pounds.
- It is manually operated.
5. Barton Pressure Canner 22-Quart Capacity
This canner is made of polished aluminum. It weighs 10.47 pounds and it comes with a manual pump. This one has a high Amazon rating like the other ones.
You’ll agree that an Amazon rating of 4.1 stars is very impressive. This is another pressure canner that can be used for pressure cooking and boiling water canning.
Its capacity is 22 quarts and it is suitable for electric stoves, induction cookers, and gas stoves. Even if you’ve never used a pressure canner before, you should be able to handle this one easily. Finally, we’re impressed with its low rate of power consumption.
- This pressure canner is one of the easiest canners to handle.
- It can be used for pressure cooking and boiling water canning.
- This unit is made of polished aluminum.
- It has a weight of 10.47 pounds.
- Its pump type is manual.
- The capacity of the canning machine is 22 quarts.
- Its Amazon rating of 4.1 stars is commendable.
- Some of its users testified to its durability.
6. T-fal Pressure Canner with Pressure Control
This pressure canner is made of aluminum and it comes in silver color. It has a capacity of 20.82 liters. The device weighs 14.77 pounds. The pump type is manual.
Like the others, it also has a high Amazon rating. You can control its pressure. You can also use it for pressure cooking.
It is resistant to rust and corrosion. It can contain 16 pint jars or 7 quart jars. The unit comes with two canning racks and a recipe book. The canner has a 10-year limited warranty and its replacement parts have a1 –year limited warranty.
- The pressure canner is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- It is silver in color.
- The device can also be used for pressure cooking.
- It can contain 7 quart jars or 16 pint jars.
- The canner comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Its parts have a 1-year limited warranty.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- You’ll find two canning racks in its pack.
7. All-American 25 Quart Non-Electric Sterilizer
Two things can be deduced from its name. 1-the pressure canner is made in America, and 2-it has a capacity of 25 quarts. The metal-to-metal seal of this unit needs no gasket.
This saves you the cost of a gasket. The unit can be used for pressure cooking and sterilization. It can heat up to the level no microorganism spore can survive.
There are an excess pressure relief valve and an overpressure plug. Apart from being easy to use, this device is durable and it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- This canner has a capacity of 25 quarts.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The sealing system of the unit requires no gasket.
- It is made in the United States.
- There are a pressure relief valve and an overpressure plug.
- You can use it for pressure cooking and sterilization.
- It is easy to use.
- The unit is made of aluminum.
8. Granite Ware 20-Quart Pressure Canner
This pressure canner has a capacity of 20 quarts, but its anodized finish sets it apart from others. A weight of 11.2 pounds for a 20-quart pressure canner is awesome. That’s probably why it has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
Its ease of use and simplicity are other reasons to consider this product. It is also easy to clean. You can use it for pressure cooking and steam cooking.
- This pressure canner is easy to use.
- It weighs 11.2 pounds.
- Its capacity of 20 quarts gave the device access to this list.
- Buyers will enjoy its durability.
- It is easy to clean.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars indicates its quality.
- It has a hard-anodized finish.
- You can use it for steam cooking and pressure cooking as well.
9. Granite Ware Large Pressure Canner
The capacity of this pressure canner is 12 quarts. It has been certified for safety by Underwriters Laboratory. With its capacity, it can handle 7 pint jars or 4 quart jars.
It is a 3-in-1 device. The unit is a pressure steamer and a pressure cooker apart from being a pressure canner. It has a weight of 8.18 pounds and an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- This pressure canner is certified for safety by UL.
- It is a 3-in-1 device (pressure steamer, pressure cooker, and pressure canner).
- It has a capacity of 12 quarts.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars says it all.
- It weighs only 8.18 pounds.
- The device is easy to use,
- It can handle 7 pint jars or 4 quart jars.
- We’re sure of the durability of the product.
10. Buffalo QCP420 21-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This device is made of stainless steel. It weighs only 13 pounds. We chose it because of its capacity of 11.36 liters or 21 quarts.
The pump is operated manually. We were able to use it easily. Some users have confirmed its durability. That’s why it has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- This device is made of stainless steel.
- It is resistant to corrosion and rust.
- It weighs only 13 pounds.
- The device has a capacity of 21 quarts.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- We were able to operate it easily.
- It is durable.
- The design is unique from others.
What is the Biggest Pressure Canner?
I have come across many products, but they come in different dimensions, making the whole preference complex. However, the number of pints and quart jars each can stow is what consolidates users’ choices.
Take a look at the All-America pressure canner. It has the capacity to hold 19-quart jars or 32-pint jars. Moreover, it’s expedient to know that a quart is equivalent to 946.352946 milliliters, and a pint is half of that.
Although it’s pretty large, I prefer Buffalo Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, which only contains 12-quart jars and 34-pint jars. Do you know why?
The size is not the quintessential or the ultimate in most cases; it’s the ability of a product to satisfy your needs and elongates the features of the pressure cooker. You can read further to have a wider knowledge about everything.
What size Pressure Canner do I Need?
Factors that determine what size of the pressure cooker to buy are the size of your burner, quart or pint jars, boiling or pressuring purposes, and designs.
Let me break down the whole matter into bits. You see, if you buy a pressure cooker that’s bigger than your burner, the heat won’t become evenly circulated, and it could lead to the cracking of the glasses and the underperformances of the pressure cooker.
Also, if it’s wider but not quite tall in altitude, the pressure cooker may suit the preparation of pint jars. In addition, not all pressure canner that’s convenient for pressuring many jars can do the same when boiling, especially when you think of immersing.
If your calculation is not balanced before buying a product, you probably may not get it right by the end of the day.
What size pressure canner for quart jars?
Hardly would you find pressure canners that only work for quart jars and not pints too. You could see those ascribed for quart working for pints likewise. In fact, homeowners save more numbers of pints than quarts. For example, a 4-quart pressure canner can contain 7-pint jars.
Nevertheless, the design of the pressure canner also matters. The kind of racks that a pressure canner has also determined the conveniences of fixing quart jars.
Some have their racks removable, while some don’t (at least so easily). In a nutshell, most manufacturers produce pressure canners to accommodate quart jars and pint jars. The differences only emerge from the dimension of every one of them.
How Many Pint Jars fit a 16-quart pressure canner?
There is nowhere you’ll go without finding this. It’s common in most marketplaces. A 16-quart pressure canner is commodious for seven quarts or 10-pint jars.
Pressure canners with such a description have a dimension of 13-inch length, 17.31-inch width, and 11.81-inch height. If you ever forget the main description, then you can always use the measurement stated to compare and contrast.
Furthermore, this same pressure canner is accommodating to 13 half-pint jars. But your ultimate necessities go beyond the size but the result, then that’s the more reason you should check the product you’re about buying before purchasing it.
How Many Pint Jars fit a 23-quart pressure canner?
A 23-quart pressure canner suits 20-pint jars and 24 half-pint jars. A pint is half a liter. Nevertheless, packaging the pints so well around the racks would put the estimated numbers for each product.
There are products in their types, and there are some double-stacking racks and triple-stacking racks. Nonetheless, they are all meant to accommodate 20 pieces of pint jars.
It’s expedient that you know the size of pints you’ve bought and use the pressure canner’s manual to make the proper arrangement.
Can You Stack Pint Jars in a Pressure Canner?
Now, if you’re using a double-stack pressure canner or a triple-stack pressure canner, what you’d want to learn is how to stack pint on their insides, and that’s what we’ll be showing you here.
Let’s begin by introducing you to the steps of stacking pint jars in a double-stacking pressure canner. Get the filled pint jars ready while igniting your burner and placing the pressure cooker at the top. Place the rack underneath so that you can mount the jars at the top of the first rack. Right on top of the already placed filled pint jars at the first rack’s surface, place the second rack.
Meanwhile, you’d need to fill the first rack’s filled pints before going to the second, depending on the design of your pressure canner anyway. You can apply the same logic to those with three stacking points.
Buying Guide – How To Choose a Good Large Pressure Canner?
1. Pick from Our List
We have reviewed all the ten canners above and we have listed their features. We expect you to pick one of them. You’ll be glad with any of them.
2. Purchase Your Canner from Amazon
Amazon offers competitive prices and all the products sold on the platform come with a 30-day return window. You can purchase your canner from Amazon to enjoy both benefits.
3. Test Your Canner Quickly
To avoid getting stuck with a product that you don’t like, please quickly test your pressure canner before its return window closes.
4. Study The Warranty Terms
If your canner comes with a warranty, you need to study the warranty so that you don’t ignorantly take an action that can void the warranty. You should also know what the warranty covers and what it does not cover.
5. Read The User Manual
Don’t start using your canner without first studying its user manual. You need all the information in the manual to be able to use the canner properly.
To conclude the review of the top large pressure canners above, we’ll recommend all of them. They are easy to use, versatile, easy to clean, and very effective. The canners consume less power than others in the market, they are durable, and they have a high Amazon rating. Once again, we recommend them all.